Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sir Mew In Kitten Stew

I shall not make kitty stew
All the trouble to patiently brew
To measure the spices with care
To shave a small kitty hair for hair.
Mr. Wilcox
I shall not do the bare cat.
But the incessant persistent claws on the door.
Meows like I didn’t hear him before.
Eager side hopping and swatting and then,
He hides in the closet to do it again.
He sleeps on my stomach
Then pees on the floor
Oh, brave little kitty, please bother no more
Please go get a job, get out of my house,
In all these eight years never killed but a mouse.
Then, my sweet little sabre tooth, kisses my nose.
And with one, two three, four, five, soft little toes,
Is patting my face, two seconds before sleep
He helps usher my soul to the land of the sheep.
Oh the restraint that I show for the one named sir mew,
One more day goes by without kitty stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment