Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Day In Winter

What was I supposed to tell you?
That I feared this capital giant?
Or that my insides were like roller rides
In our silent morning riot
Could I tell you anything?
Would you listen?
Would we hold the grace of our faces
Like good Samaritan Christians?

Would it matter?
Tell me it matters

Whisper sweet something’s
Like rose breath on my nose
Keep me on my toes
On my back
Keep me lacking another
For I love you like no other
And the sweet system democracy that
Is you and I sleeping
On the steps of mediocrity
Pretending we were children
We kept each other warm on the nights of deep philosophy
I loved you like the midnight
When it used its hefty hush to silence
Our heavy tongues
And keep a touch of flesh to the open winter window

No comments:

Post a Comment