Monday, February 23, 2009

What I Want

What I want
I want to rule the world
And live in a house made of a thick rich cherry frame
With a big black stove for heat
And children and husbands and fame
I want love like no other
And kisses that kill me
to run
like a child
Be held like a vixen
I want peace
in my home
And humour to smooth
Every crease of my face
I want strong bones and agile hips
Full red lips
Sweet perfume
And some silver
I want to dress in costume
And play in accordance
I am Ginger!
I am Mitsie!
I want to be broad
Where a broad
Should be broad
I want to sing like an angel
And dance like the death
I want to be health and exuberance
I want to play games and eat cherries
I want to live long like the tortoise and hare
I want to tell stories to children and men
I want to give way to the passion of them!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Artemis!
    Just wanted to say that I went to your blogspot site...:P
    I'll read your beautiful poetry, but just wanted to quickly comment that I found your blog! :)

    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this poem same with the poem about the doll. :) You should perform the doll poem sometime, I find it very interesting. Your writing is very inspirational and very unique, it's got a nice flow to the words and a beautiful rhythm.
    Keep up the wonderful work Artemis... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you want to be Angelina Jolie,well good luck, there's only one of her and that's more than enough

    ReplyDelete